Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 23: Introduction to Summary Critique II

Lesson Objectives

Students will...

  • Understand/Review Introduction Paragraph
  • Understand/Review Thesis statements and how they function in a review
  • Identify what parts can be critiqued in a research paper
  • Read/Understand main points of Research Paper on Aspartame

[Instead of covering Parts I and Part II below, I gave a SUMMARY CRITIQUE QUIZ as a review and referenced the slides to answer the questions]. :)

Part I: Review Introduction + Thesis (10 min)
Pull up PPT on SUMMARY CRITIQUE PPT and resume from slide 20. Practice to the sections covered from Monday's lecture are on parts B-C in the SUMMARY CRITIQUE HANDOUT I

Part II: Points for Critique (10 min)
Slides 28-end. Before we discuss the research that we will critique, I would like to review/discuss the main points that we can critique in research.

Part III: Sample Outlines
To help us in better understanding the overall structure of this paper, we will also be looking at a SAMPLE SUMMARY CRITIQUE OUTLINE and discussing it's parts. 

Part IV: Group Work on Research Article (30 min)

******
Materials For Friday's Class:
SUMMARY CRITIQUE HANDOUT II (Don't allow students to keep this hard copy)


Lecture Materials:

No comments:

Post a Comment