Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30: Multipurpose "Library" Day

Lesson objectives:
  • Understand basics to goals for fourth and final unit on presentations
  • Learn basics about UIUC Library Systems

[15 min] Part I: Introduce Unit 4 Final Project 
Directions to the assignment can be found here as FINAL PRESENTATION DIRECTIONS or under Unit 4 on the course website. Please pay attention as I go over the general goals and format for this final unit. I would like you to start considering what you would like to present on. I stress that the best topics are those that you are interested in sharing. If a presenter is excited about their topic, the audience can really feel the difference. 


[20 min] Part III: Basics to UIUC Library
I will be giving you this LIBRARY HANDOUT. Follow along as we go over some basic information that may be useful to you in your graduate studies. MAIN LIBRARY MAP

[5 min] Part IV: Conferences 
Please be prepared. Consider the following:

  • Do you know where my office is located? 
  • Did you fill out the Self-Review Sheet and have it ready to bring?
  • Do you have you draft uploaded at least 36 hours in advance? 
  • How do you plan to spent your 10-15 minutes? (please do not exceed this)

[20 min] Part V: Library Extra Credit Activity 
I encourage you to follow me to the Main Library where I will send you on a "SpookY" hunt for key locations.  To receive points for this activity. You must return this paper to me in the next class. Because there are many of us, I recommend some groups start from Task 5 and go backward while others go from Task 1 and go to Task 5


Optional Activity:  Halloween Fun Video?

REMEMBER!!!:

WE WILL NOT HAVE CLASS NEXT MONDAY and TUESDAY
YOU HAVE A CONFERENCE IN PLACE OF CLASS.
*IF YOU MISSED TODAY'S CLASS, YOU NEED TO CHECK HERE 
FOR AN AVAILABLE TIME AND EMAIL ME TO SIGN UP

No comments:

Post a Comment